2000 Syrians left Turkey to fight in Libya

0
9


Source: Dubai – Arabic.net

After several reports of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights talked about Travel of Syrian mercenaries loyal to Turkey On Libyan soil, the Guardian newspaper revealed, on Wednesday, that two thousand A Syrian fighter traveled from Turkey to Libya, To participate in the battlefields, in an unprecedented development threatening to further complicate the situation in Libya.

The British newspaper pointed out that on December 24th, Turkey published 300 fighters from the pro-Turkish factions In Syria, they left the Syrian territories to Turkey via the Hawr Kelas military border crossing, then to the Libyan capital, Tripoli, where they were sent to confrontation sites east of the city, and then on December 29, another 350 fighters traveled.

It also stated that on January 5, 1,350 fighters crossed into Turkey, some of whom had traveled to Libya, and others were still receiving training in camps in southern Turkey. It is expected that the Syrian fighters will gather under a banner named “Omar Al-Mukhtar”.

The Guardian considered that the figures are much higher than most previous estimates.

Meanwhile, a source told the newspaper that the Syrian fighters are expected to join a squad named after Omar al-Mukhtar.

For 2000 dollars

In addition, informed sources told the newspaper that the fighters signed contracts for a period of 6 months with the Al-Wefaq militia, not the Turkish army. For 2000 dollars Every fighter per month, which is a huge amount compared to what they were getting in Syria, which is $ 52 per month, and they were given promises to obtain Turkish citizenship.

Turkey will also pay medical bills for the wounded soldiers, and is responsible for returning the dead to Syria, according to the Guardian.

For her part, Claudia Jazzini, an analyst for Libyan affairs, told the newspaper: “The situation is completely different from Syria, and the Libyans’ feelings are hostile to Ankara, and they reject this interference …”

Gazini added that Turkey sent Syrian fighters instead of its forces, to avoid collision with Russian mercenaries.

The Turkish newspaper “Hurriyet” quoted President Recep Tayyip Erdogan as saying that Turkey had sent 35 soldiers to Libya in support of the Al-Wefaq government, but that they would not participate in the battles, according to his assertion.

Quoting Erdogan, in response to questions about the form of the Turkish military deployment in Libya, she wrote that “Turkey will assume the task of coordination. The soldiers will not participate in hostilities.”

It is worth noting that the Turkish Parliament approved on January 2 this year A memo authorizing the government to send military personnel to Libya In support of the Al-Wefaq government in the face of the Libyan National Army.

The Libyan National Army chief, Khalifa Hifter, had announced earlier that the deployment of Turkish soldiers in Libya began after the parliament gave the green light.





Source link
https://www.alarabiya.net/ar/north-africa/2020/01/15/2000-%D8%B3%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A-%D8%BA%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%A7-%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A7-%D9%84%D9%84%D9%82%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%84-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A7-

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here