A Libyan military source reveals: For these reasons, Haftar left Moscow without signing the ceasefire

0
17


Subscribe to receive the most important news

Sputnik news agency quoted a military source close to the Libyan army leadership, who declined to be named, as saying that the Libyan Army Commander-in-Chief, Field Marshal Khalifa Hifter, “left Moscow now for Benghazi and will not sign the agreement, for several reasons, including not including an item stipulating the dismantling Militias, not setting a timetable for their dissolution, describing it as the point of contention and the reason for not signing it.

The military source also said in this context that “the Libyan National Army led by Field Marshal Haftar remains on the agreement, but the dispute over the militia and its dismantling was an obstacle to its agreement to sign,” noting that “most points are agreed upon”, but “the delegation accompanying Siraj does not want to specify A time to disband the militias. ”

Other sources attributed the failure of the Libyan Army Commander-in-Chief, Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar, to the ceasefire agreement to what he described as the draft’s neglect of a number of army demands, and Haftar refused any Turkish role to supervise the ceasefire in Libya.

And Moscow hosted yesterday more than six hours of talks between the two parties to the Libyan crisis with the participation of the foreign and defense ministers of Russia and Turkey.

Prior to that, the parties to the conflict in Libya announced a ceasefire as of January 12, based on a Russian-Turkish initiative, which was announced after the meeting of Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Istanbul last week.

This, and it is expected that an international summit on Libya will be held in the German capital Berlin on January 19.

In the same regard, the delegation of the Libyan National Accord government left Moscow for Istanbul, immediately after it signed it unilaterally on the ceasefire document.

“The delegation of the Presidential Council of the Government of Al-Wefaq and the Supreme Council of State left Moscow immediately after the signing … and we are now in Istanbul,” Sputnik news agency quoted the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Al-Wefaq government, Muhammad al-Tahir Siala, as saying.

The Libyan National Army led by Field Marshal Khalifa Hifter announced yesterday that his forces will not withdraw from their positions in the south of the capital, Tripoli, and he accused the forces affiliated with the Al-Wefaq government of violating the ceasefire in several axes, and that the army is committed to the truce and did not respond to the sources of the fire because no orders were issued from its leadership.

In addition, the head of the Supreme Council for the Al-Wefaq Government, Khaled al-Mashri, said in a televised statement: “We refused any meeting with Haftar, and we will not sit with him under any circumstances, and our negotiations are taking place with our Turkish and Russian friends.”



Source link
https://www.almasryalyoum.com/news/details/1461354

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here