Tuesday 14 January 2020
Qais Ashour said that the Ivorian striker Suleiman Coulibaly did not request the absence of the team’s match against Al-Ahly in the Champions League.
The coastal star is a guest at Al-Ahly on the 24th of this month for the fifth round of the group stage in the African Champions League.
Coulibaly had fled Al-Ahly in the summer of 2017 after he had joined the team in January 2017, and claimed that he had been subjected to racism in the Cairo club.
Qais Ashour, spokesman for Al-Ahly Club, said: “Coulibaly did not ask to be excluded from the Al-Ahly match, and he has no right to this, this is an important match and he has no right to such a request.
Al-Ahly received the loss in the first round against the coastal star in the match that took place on the Olympic stadium in Rades.
The coastal star occupies the top of this group with 9 points, Al-Ahly occupies second place with 7 points, Al-Hilal Al-Sudan with 6 points, then Platinum in fourth place with one point.