The match between Napoli and Italy, Barcelona, ended in a 1-1 draw on Tuesday in the first leg of the Champions League final.
Belgium’s Dres Mertens opened the scoring with the 30th minute, while Frenchman Antoine Griezmann tied the tie (57).
Napoli played with great reservation and was consistent throughout the first half due to the positioning of his excellent defensive position, but the injury and exit of Mertens in the minute (54) helped the visitors to free and equalize after a poor application of the offside trap.
Barcelona need to win any result or a 0-0 draw in the return match in order to qualify for the quarter-finals, but it will miss the services of both Chilean Vidal due to his dismissal and Busquets because of the warnings.
Barcelona and Naples – special coverage
- The match is over
- (89) Vidal is dismissed after receiving the second yellow alert.
- (87) Chilean Vidal misses Barcelonas chance to kidnap the second goal.
- (84) Insignias attempt from a narrow angle misses the goal.
- (80) The battle intensifies in the middle of the square and Naples is the most aggressive in the past few minutes.
- (65) Messi arrives late for Vidal and the Colombian team Ospina is off the ball.
- (63) Stegen is in the right place again, addressing the uniqueness of Cajon.
- (61) German Ter Stegen denies Insigne the addition of the second goal after a gag from Pique.
Goal 57: Antoine Griezmann tied the tie, taking advantage of the Portuguese Simido pass.
- (55) Barcelona improves, but direct opportunities are absent.
- The end of the first half, with the absence of solutions from Barcelona, to form any dangerous goal against Napoli.
- (42) Luck stands in the way of Manolas to add the second goal.
Mertens’ goal to make him the best scorer in Napoli’s history (121 goals) in a draw with Hamsik.
Goal 30: The Belgian Mertens opens the score with a great shot after a counterattack.
- (27) The penultimate touch was absent from a counterattack led by Messi and stopped by the Greek manolas.
- (17) The most dangerous chances of the match come in favor of Napoli, but Jr. blocks Kajon’s pass at the last minute.
- (9) Barcelonas first attempt by Lionel Messi, a shot that is far from the goal.
- Five minutes into the game, Barcelona hold the ball and Napoli is ready to pounce and surprise via counterattacks.
- Starting the match.
The official squad for Barcelona and Naples