Friday 20 March 2020
US President Donald Trump has announced that his country has taken several measures to tackle the new Corona virus “Covid 19” which he described as “an invisible enemy” that has infected more than 10,000 people in the United States and has killed more than 150 others.
At the daily crisis cell conference to tackle the Corona virus, the US President said:
– Coordination with neighboring countries and making great efforts to confront the Corona outbreak.
– Distributing protective masks to all states that are in short supply.
– Closing schools, stopped paying loans and changed tax collection times.
– Request to suspend the payment of student dues to schools and universities without adding interest to them.
– Studying granting employees paid vacations.
– Take great care to prevent the transmission of the virus through immigrants.
He is not currently considering imposing a full quarantine on the United States.
In a related context, the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, stressed that closing the borders with Canada, the neighbor of the United States, will start from tonight, again on the importance of avoiding travel, saying, “This is a cruel battle.”
On Thursday, the United States tightened its warning to Americans, asking them not to travel abroad for any reason, and to return to the United States if possible, in light of the spread of the new Corona virus.
Thus, the level of warning issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs reached its maximum level, and covered the entire world, which represents an unprecedented measure in the country’s history.
“It recommends that American citizens not travel abroad due to the impact of Covid-19 in the world,” said a statement, posted by the State Department on Twitter.