For the tenth time in its history, Zamalek reached the African Champions League semi-finals, and this time came at the expense of Tunisian Esperance, today, Friday, with a score of 2/3 in the total of the two matches, after losing tonight in Radas Stadium with a goal without response, before winning in Cairo with three goals against Goal.
“Seventh Day” monitors the history of Zamalek’s participation in the semi-finals of the African Champions League, with history, numbers, victories and defeats:
– The last time Zamalek qualified for the semi-finals was in 2016 at the expense of Nigerian Animba, before doing it today in the 2020 edition at the expense of Tunisian Esperance.
Zamalek and Animba match in the 2016 Champions League
– The ten times that Zamalek qualified for the semi-final of the African Champions League in old and new versions were years: 1984-1985-1986-1994-1996-2002-2005 – 2016-2020
– Zamalek During the previous nine times that he qualified for the semi-finals, he managed to reach the final on 7 occasions and won the championship 5 times.
Zamalek won in the semi-final against clubs:
Young Algerian tribes in 1984
Canon Yaounde, Cameroon, 1986
Stenczi Stores, Nigeria, 1993
Nkana Red Devils Zambian 1994
Sfaxien Tunisian 1996
Congolese Mazembe 2002
Wydad Moroccan 2016
– While Zamalek failed throughout the history of its participation in the championship in reaching the final only twice after reaching the semi-finals, where the first of the Royal Moroccan Army lost the 1985 edition and the second against Al-Ahly 2005.
Al-Ahly and Zamalek meet in the 2005 African Champions League
– In the CAF semi-finals, Zamalek scored 24 goals and received 21 others.
– Zamalek in the semi-final achieved a direct victory 6 times from the nine, while he finished one with a penalty shootout, and was against Sfaxien 1996.
– Zamalek lost only once in the CAF Champions League semi-final on penalties, and it was against the Royal Moroccan Army in the 1985 championship.
– Zamalek’s first loss at home Africa was from Al-Ahly and was in the semi-final round as well the 2005 version and ended with a total of 4-1 meetings