Liverpool reveals its plan to reduce the salaries of the stars

0
8


Liverpool By saying that the negotiations with the players "Complicated", But he explained that "The process is in progress".

The club announced that it would put part of its non-player employees on partial unemployment, due to the economic consequences associated with the outbreak.

The club, which was just days away from winning its first league title 3 decades ago, before suspending competitions because of Corona: "Employees will receive 100 percent of their salaries to ensure that no one is affected financially".

Employers can request the government to pay 80 percent of employee wages of up to 2,500 pounds (about $ 3,000) per month, max, so that they can keep their employees and not fire them during an outbreak The epidemic, While Liverpool will cover the remaining 20 percent.

Liverpool statement added: "Even before the decision on the temporary layoffs, a collective commitment took place at the higher levels of the club, both on and off the field, where everyone works for a solution that guarantees the jobs of club members in this unprecedented crisis.".

3 of the Premier League clubs were Tottenham Hotspur Newcastle and Norwich City have announced similar measures.

The Liverpool announcement comes after the British government called on Thursday for English Premier League players, accused of taking advantage of economic support measures, to give up part of their revenue.

As the league continues to stop until at least June, the clubs will consult their players about a salary cut that could reach 30 percent, the League League indicated on Friday.

The top 20 clubs have agreed to extend the league suspension indefinitely, until football returns "Safe and convenient".

The association wrote in a statement, Friday: "The Premier League clubs unanimously decided to consult the players on a set of measures, combining the reduction and conditional delay of salaries by a total of 30 percent.".

The English Premier League players were hesitant about reducing their salaries, which was described by Julian Knight, Chair of the Commons Committee for Culture, Media and Sports."Morally unacceptable"In translation of the growing feeling in England.

Knight called in a letter to the government, to impose a specific tax on clubs that set "Its non-player employees receive partial unemployment while continuing to pay the wages of its players" Normally.

At a press conference Thursday evening, British Health Minister Matt Hancock called on Premier League players, who accuse their clubs of benefiting from the economic support measures adopted due to the outbreak of the new Corona virus, to reduce their salaries.

The Professional Players Association defended its supportive stance for the players in a statement Thursday, accusing club officials of using public aid to preserve the shareholders ’funds.

And she said: "Clubs, as companies, that can pay the salaries of their players and employees, must do so", Air hostess: "Any use of government aid without the real financial need will be at the expense of society as a whole (and) the contribution of players in paying the salaries of non-players employees will only serve the interests of shareholders".

And she continued: "We are well aware of the feeling in the public opinion that players should pay the salaries of non-players employees (…) We fully accept the idea that players should be flexible and share the financial impact of the Covid 19 epidemic in order to secure the long-term future of their club and sports in general".

She concluded: "But players should not be a scapegoat".

“>

And Saturday, the club issued a statement in which it talked about the wages of workers, including soccer players, indicating a possible reduction in their salaries.

And just do it Liverpool By saying that negotiations with the players are “complicated”, but he made it clear that “the process is in progress.”

The club announced that it would put part of its non-player employees on partial unemployment, due to the economic consequences associated with the outbreak.

“The employees will get 100 percent of their salaries to ensure that no one of them is affected financially,” said the club, which was just days after winning its first league title 3 decades ago, before the suspension of competitions because of Corona.

Employers can request the government to pay 80 percent of employee wages of up to 2,500 pounds (about $ 3,000) per month, max, so that they can keep their employees and not fire them during an outbreak The epidemic, While Liverpool will cover the remaining 20 percent.

And the Liverpool statement added: “Even before the decision on the temporary layoffs, there was a collective commitment at the higher levels of the club, inside and outside the field, where everyone is working towards a solution that guarantees the jobs of club members in this unprecedented crisis.”

3 of the Premier League clubs were Tottenham Hotspur Newcastle and Norwich City have announced similar measures.

The Liverpool announcement comes after the British government called on Thursday for English Premier League players, accused of taking advantage of economic support measures, to give up part of their revenue.

As the league continues to stop until at least June, the clubs will consult their players about a salary cut that could reach 30 percent, the League League indicated on Friday.

The top 20 clubs have agreed to extend the league suspension indefinitely, until the return of football is “safe and appropriate”.

“The Premier League clubs have unanimously decided to consult the players on a set of measures, combining a reduction and a conditional delay of salaries by a total of 30 percent,” the association wrote in a statement, Friday.

The reluctance of the English Premier League players to reduce their salaries, has been described by Julian Knight, Chairman of the Commons, Culture, Media and Sports, as “morally unacceptable”, in a translation of the growing feeling in England.

In a letter to the government, Knight called for a specific tax on clubs that place their “non-player employees on partial unemployment while continuing to pay the wages of their players” naturally.

At a press conference Thursday evening, British Health Minister Matt Hancock called on Premier League players, who accuse their clubs of benefiting from the economic support measures adopted due to the outbreak of the new Corona virus, to reduce their salaries.

The Professional Players Association defended its supportive stance for the players in a statement Thursday, accusing club officials of using public aid to preserve the shareholders ’funds.

She said: “Clubs, as companies, that can pay the salaries of their players and employees, must do so.” Only serves the interests of shareholders. “

She continued: “We are well aware of the feeling in the public opinion that players should pay the salaries of non-players employees (…) We fully accept the idea that players should be flexible and share the financial impact of the Covid 19 epidemic in order to secure the long-term future for their club and sports in a way Public”.

“But players should not be a scapegoat,” she concluded.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here