New York Governor Andrew Como said at a news conference a few days ago that 66 percent of the state’s new Coronavirus patients who were hospitalized were in their homes during the shutdown period.
In his remarks sparked controversy because it violated what is known about the disease, Como added: “This is a surprise. Most of the patients were in their homes. We thought they were using public transportation so we took new precautions on these methods, but it appears that these were literally in their homes.”
He pointed out, according to Sky News Arabia, that this data came through a survey of more than 100 hospitals and 1,300 new patients, in New York, which is the largest focus of the Corona virus in the United States.
Even in India, where the number of people with coronas has exceeded their counterparts in China, the numbers are increasing there despite the fact that the whole country has been closed since March 24.
The question now is: How do people become infected with the Coronavirus, even though they live in their homes?
To answer this dilemma, some experts have revealed procedures to follow while staying from home during an epidemic.
The former FDA official, Peter Bates, said that homes are not completely closed, and the people that Como spoke about do not represent the general public, as those who work in homes leave them from time to time, and they also deal with delivery workers.
He added that the most vulnerable groups are the elderly and people who suffer from health problems, pointing out that the infection of people present in the stone “is interesting, but it is not surprising, because the virus is highly contagious.”
Stephen Morse, professor of epidemiology at Millman College of Public Health at Columbia University, also pointed out the importance of being careful about how to put masks on and remove faces, because not tightening them could leave a loophole for the virus to enter.
Morse urged to wash hands well before wearing masks and after taking off.
He said that “if the masks become contaminated, you put himself at risk of infection, especially if you touch the mask and then touch your face after that.”
He pointed out that it is necessary to maintain a distance of about two meters with others when going out to public places, to prevent the arrival of respiratory drops to the person.
Earlier reports spoke of infection of people who were committed to the closure procedures, but a slight gap that they did not notice led to their infection with the deadly coronavirus.
Among them is Rachel, who lives in the US state of North Carolina, where she is believed to have been injured as a result of touching a grocery store bag that was placed on the doorstep of her home, even though she is committed to quarantine procedures.
Follow the world news from the statement through Google News