Friday 26 June 2020
Millions of people could die if the world witnesses a second wave of Corona virus, a WHO official said.
Ranieri Guerra, Assistant Director-General of the Health Initiatives of the World Health Organization, in an interview with the Italian Rai channel and reported by CNN Arabia, that the Corona pandemic has spread so far as WHO officials expected.
He said that “the Spanish flu is similar to its spread in the Coruna virus, where it decreased in the summer, and its outbreak resumed severely in September and October, which caused the death of 50 million people during the second wave,” adding that “the outbreak occurs as we expected.”
Guerras remarks come as several countries in Europe and around the world have begun to loosen their restrictions to limit the spread of the new Corona virus (Covid 19).
On Friday, European Union officials will decide which countries will be subject to travel restrictions after re-opening their borders for international travel, with continued high rates of injury and death in the United States and parts of South America.