Al-Wefaq mobilizes towards Sirte … and a Turkish cargo plane leaves the country

0
10


Source: Dubai – Arabic.net

With information received confirming the start of the Al-Wefaq factions the military buildup, with a view to heading Towards the city of Sirte Attention is turning regionally and internationally, Al-Arabiya / Al-Hadath sources reported on Sunday that the third Turkish cargo plane had left the Al-Wattia base south of the capital, Tripoli.

While the central regions of the country witness the active movement of Turkish drones, represented by the landing of Turkish cargo planes and their departure from time to time at the base.

These developments came as the Libyan army carried out maritime reconnaissance operations off the coast of the strategic city, which Egypt described as its red line, waving to intervene if the Syrian-backed reconciliation forces implemented their threats to storm it.

75 cars and 300 fighters

In turn, the Military Information Division of the Libyan Army announced, on Saturday evening, that extensive reconnaissance patrols of the forces were deployed in the coasts of the cities of Sirte, Ras Lanuf and Brega.

A member of the Wefaq factions in preparation for the move towards Sirte (July 18, 2020 - Reuters)
A member of the Wefaq factions in preparation for the move towards Sirte (July 18, 2020 – Reuters)

On Sunday, Al-Arabiya reported that 75 military vehicles belonging to Al-Wefaq arrived from Misrata at the Sirte front, carrying 300 fighters, including Syrian and Tunisian mercenaries.

To the east is a secret

Yesterday, Saturday, the Al-Wefaq government moved its fighters towards Sirte, which is the gateway to the country’s main oil terminals and which Al-Wefaq plans to extract from the Libyan National Army led by Khalifa Haftar.

Witnesses and military commanders said in Al-Wefaq forces, according to Reuters news agency, on Sunday, that a convoy of about 200 vehicles moved east from Misurata on the Mediterranean coast towards Tawergha city, which is about a third of the road to Sirte.

Al-Wefaq mechanisms prepare to move to Sirte (July 18, 2020 - Reuters)
Al-Wefaq mechanisms prepare to move to Sirte (July 18, 2020 – Reuters)

The end went with the blade

Turkey and Al-Wefaq previously announced that they required control of Sirte and Al-Jafra base for the ceasefire called for by all international and international mediations alike, in order to resume negotiations between the conflicting parties.

But Egypt has repeatedly threatened to push troops into Libya in the event that Turkish forces seek to control Sirte.

A few days ago, the spokesperson for the General Command of the Armed Forces, Ahmed Al-Mismari, said that Turkey was still pushing more mercenaries and military equipment to Libya, and had turned the city of Misurata into a base to manage its operations to launch towards the oil crescent, and had taken vital installations in the city to position the armed militias and their forces .

He also stressed that the army is able to face any challenges in all Libyan regions, saying: “We are ready to deal decisively and forcefully with any violations, and are able to deal decisively with any threat to the city of Sirte.” He indicated at the time that the coming hours will witness a major battle in the vicinity of Sirte and Al-Jafra, stressing that there are significant movements of Al-Wefaq militia and Turkey in the vicinity of the two cities.

Sirte strategy

Both Ankara and Al-Wefaq maintain control of Sirte, a strategic city that the army refuses to give up.

While the Libyan parliament last week gave the green light to the Egyptian army to intervene militarily in the event that Cairo deems that there is an imminent threat to the security of the two neighboring countries.

It is noteworthy that the coastal city of Sirte, the birthplace of the late Colonel Muammar Gaddafi and later the stronghold of “ISIS” for a temporary period before its liberation, enjoys a strategic location between East and West in Libya, located 300 km from the European coast and midway between the capital Tripoli in the west and Benghazi city The main in the province of Barqa in the east.

The Libyan National Army controlled it in January 2020, and was able to enter it almost without battle.

Europe is threatening

In conjunction with all this military alert, France, Germany and Italy threatened for the first time yesterday, Saturday, with sanctions against violating the arms embargo to Libya.

French President Emmanuel Macron, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said in a joint statement published by the French Presidency after their meeting in Brussels on Saturday evening: “We call on the external parties to end their growing interference and to fully respect the arms embargo imposed by the United Nations Security Council.” “We are ready to discuss the possibility of using sanctions if the embargo continues to be violated by sea, land and air, and we look forward to the proposals that will be put forward by the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security in this regard,” the statement said.

Mercenaries in Libya
Mercenaries in Libya

It is noteworthy that this statement is the first threat from the three major powers to impose sanctions, amid fears of an imminent new escalation on Libyan war-torn territory for years.

In addition, diplomats said that the European Union countries could also consider imposing sanctions on individuals from both sides of the conflict in Libya.







Source link
https://www.alarabiya.net/ar/north-africa/2020/07/19/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D9%81%D8%A7%D9%82-%D8%AA%D8%AD%D8%B4%D8%AF-%D9%86%D8%AD%D9%88-%D8%B3%D8%B1%D8%AA-%D9%88%D8%B7%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%B1%D8%A9-%D8%B4%D8%AD%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%BA%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D8%B7%D9%8A%D8%A9

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here