Source: Arabic.Net – Saleh Hameed
The head of Iran’s Civil Defense Organization, Ghulam Reza Jalali, said that Tehran does not exclude “Sabotage“By opposition groups or a cyber attack by America, behind the bombing that targeted Thursday morning, the Natanz nuclear facility in the middle of the country.
Jalali said in an interview with Iranian television Thursday evening, “The largest part of the incidents that occurred in the energy sector during the recent period were due to the failure to observe the safety rules, but another part could be the result of the movement of anti-revolutionary groups and the elements associated with them and perhaps the enemy as well.” He stands behind it. ”
Jalali added: “With regard to recent events, given that we are facing a serious economic war with the United States and we are in conflict with them in several areas, the first assumption is that these incidents may be threats behind the enemy.”
While the head of the Iranian civil defense did not rule out opposition groups to be behind the incident, some analysts believed that the group “Nimr Al-Watan” that adopted the process may be a party within the system aiming to escalate with the West in order to prepare the atmosphere for negotiations and to urge the Europeans to pressure America to reduce pressure, sanctions and blockade As an introduction to the negotiations.
This analysis corroborates what the group announced in its statement, which was sent to the BBC “Radio” hours before the first news of the explosion in Natanz was announced, that it had elements working in the Iranian security and intelligence services.
On the other hand, the New York Times quoted a Middle East intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, that the explosion was caused by an explosive device planted inside the facility.
The official stated that the explosion destroyed many parts on the surface of the facility where the new centrifuges are balanced before they are put into operation.
This information coincides with the statement of the head of the Iranian Civil Defense Organization about the occurrence of an operation by opposition groups, despite the spokesman of the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization, Herhruz Kamal Wandi, who announced a “accident” at the facility and said that material damage had not been able to deny the occurrence Victims or radiological leaks.
A few hours before the news of the Natanz incident broke out Thursday morning, a mysterious group called “Dates of the Nation” claimed responsibility for the accident in an email sent to a list of Persian journalists on “BBC”, and some of those who stopped working for the BBC for years received Also this email.
For his part, the BBC’s Persian journalist, Jayyar Gul, said that he was among the recipients of the e-mail of the “Watan al-Fahud” group, and wrote in tweets on Thursday that “the e-mail claimed that there were other attacks by the group and the Iranian government kept secret of it.”
He added that “the group said that this time the government will not be able to cover up the attack because it was not in an underground facility.”
The area of the Natanz uranium enrichment facility is 100,000 square meters (ten hectares) and is eight meters (about 25 feet) deep underground as this site is the main center of uranium enrichment in Iran.
Iran announced last April that a new generation of centrifuges would be unveiled at the Natanz facility, which was a subject of controversy in November last year when Iran expelled an inspector within the IAEA team for accusing it of carrying radioactive materials aimed at “industrial sabotage” at the facility.
At the time, Iran said the woman had issued an ultimatum at the gate of the Natanz uranium enrichment plant, raising concerns that it was carrying “suspicious material”.
The Natanz incident comes less than a week after an explosion in eastern Tehran at the Khujir missile base near the Parchin military site, and Tehran claimed that a liquid gas leak was behind the explosion.
The Iranian News Agency (IRNA) had talked about the possibility of Israel being involved in the accident and stated that if this hypothesis is correct, “the confrontational strategy must be reviewed in view of the serious situation.”
The agency linked the hypothesis of the Israeli attack with the visit of US Special Envoy to Iran, Brian Hook, to Tel Aviv two days ago and his statements about the open military option against Tehran, as well as Israeli statements about preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.