We often encounter interesting, funny or informative videos on Facebook, and we sometimes like to save these clips for offline viewing or share them outside of Facebook using other chat applications.
Consequently, we have to rely on other ways to download videos from the platform to iPhone or Android phones.
How to download a video from Facebook on iPhone
– Before you begin, make sure that you are allowed to add “untrusted shortcuts” on your phone. To do this, open the Settings app then “Shortcuts”, then turn on the option “Allow untrusted shortcuts”.
– Get the shortcut “social media download”. To do so, click on this link, and you will then be asked to open it in the “Shortcuts” application, then click on the “Open” icon.
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, to find the word “add a shortcut”, and when pressed, choose “add an untrusted shortcut”.
– Open Facebook and locate the video you want, but first make sure that it is a “public” video, that is, it is available for everyone to watch, and not of its friends. If the video is “private,” you will not be able to download it.
– Copy the post link that contains the video.
– Open the “Shortcuts” application and press “My Shortcuts”. After that, click “download social media”.
Click (OK) from the popup and select “Facebook”.
– Choose “High Resolution” or “Standard”. If the shortcut requires permission, click “OK”.
Once the video is uploaded you will receive a notification, open the images app to find the saved video.
How to download videos on Android phones
Install free Video Downloader for Facebook from the Google Play Store.
Open the Facebook application and go to the video you want to download.
Click on the Share button.
Scroll the options horizontally and press “More”.
-Press FB Downloader and the video will immediately start downloading.
– When the download is complete, you can share the video directly by clicking on the “Share” icon. The video is also saved in your gallery if you have given the app permission to access the device’s memory.