Hosts Leferball His counterpart, Arsenal, at Anfield at nine oclock today, Monday, in the third round of the English Premier League competition. The confrontation enjoys great interest from the Egyptians, as the Egyptian star Mohamed Salah plays for the Reds, while the other star, Mohamed El-Nani, plays for Al-Madfagheya..
The first and second rounds of the competition witnessed the victory of the Reds and collected 6 points. In the first round, the team fought a meeting with Leeds Club, in which it managed to win with a score of 4-3, and in the second round he met with Chelsea in an exciting match in which the team also won two goals for nothing.
On the other hand, the two rounds witnessed the victory of Al-Janarz in their matches, as Al-Madfaiya won the first round match against Fulham Club by 3-0, which is the match in which Mohamed Al-Nani participated, and he was able to win also in his match in the second round against West Ham with a score of 2-1.
The Reds’ official website reviewed the most prominent facts about today’s confrontation:
– The 56 previous matches in the Premier League saw the two teams score 162 goals, as the Reds won 21 and lost 16..
The last 8 matches at Anfield between the two teams in all competitions saw a total of 44 goals, while the last 16 matches at all stadiums witnessed 72 goals..
– Liverpool needs 3 goals to reach the 400th goal under the leadership of Jurgen Klopp – this will be his 185th match.
– 8 different players scored in the first 4 games for the Reds this season, they are: Marco Grogic, Curtis Jones, Sadio Mani, Takumi Minamino, Divock Origi, Mohamed Salah, Sheridan Shakeri, Virgil Van Dyck, this is a club record..
– Klopp’s men have not lost at home in the last 60 league games, with 49 wins and 11 draws, and the team is close to the record number of 63 games achieved between 1978 and 1981.
– No player in Liverpool since Fernando Torres in the 2007/08 season scored a hat-trick in the league at Anfield, where the Spaniard scored against Middlesbrough and then West Ham – Jack Palmer did it before him in 1946, and Mohamed Salah can achieve that achievement tonight..
– A hat-trick is enough to make Mohamed Salah reach the 100th goal with Liverpool.
– Roberto Firmino scored more goals for Liverpool against Arsenal, more than he scored against any other team – The Brazilian scored 8 goals, three more than any other team in 11 games.
– Only Robbie Fowler, Roy Hudson and Jack Parkinson have scored more goals for the Reds against Arsenal than Firmino (9 goals)..
Thiago scored twice for Bayern Munich against Arsenal in the Champions League in February 2017, and the Germans won 5-1 at the time.