Between beauty and stardom … Monica Bellucci in her 56th year
Throughout her artistic career, there is always talk about the beautiful Monica, the owner of the exciting roles, most of the news about her looks and beauty, even press interviews are always asked about her beauty and the cosmetics and skin care that she uses.
But Monica, like any human being, has another side of thinking and looking at life, far from her beauty and femininity, she does not think that her beauty is everything. She tried and searched for works that would remove her from the circle of the beautiful woman that grabs everyone’s attention.
In this report we review some of the statements in which Monica Bellucci spoke about things other than beauty:
– I sought to play the role of “Mary Magdalene” in the movie “The Passion of the Christ”. When I finished filming the movie “Irreversible” in 2002, I heard that Mel Gibson was preparing for the movie “The Passion of the Christ” and was choosing the roles. I contacted my manager and asked him to perform In preparation for a meeting between Benjamin Gibson and I really got the role.
Beauty only lasts for 5 minutes, I must have other ingredients so that the audience feels curious to follow me, and because I am beautiful, some people think that I am stupid, but this is like a mask that you have to break to show that there is something else behind it to show your true identity to others.
– If you have a script that is not great and you have a good director, you can make a great movie, but if you have a great script with a poor director, you will not get a good movie.
Mel Gibson is a great director, because he’s not just a director, he’s an actor, so he knows how to direct actors, I love to work with him, he’s great as a director, very smart and very generous.
– I like to be in front of the screen what I do not do in my life, in life I am more vulnerable and insecure, so I search and I love to present characters stronger than me.
I don’t know Hollywood well, I didn’t live in Los Angeles or New York, but what I see in Paris, where I live, is that actresses like Catherine Deneuve, Isabel Hubert and others get the opportunity to present strong and exciting roles when they are not at the age of 20.
– In the forties and fifties of the last century, female characters were very strong in movies, but then there is a period of time it became difficult to find a good role, now all films are for teenagers, it is very difficult for the actress to find deep and beautiful characters to play.
– I am not someone who wants to control everything, I like working with talented people, so I like working with a makeup artist who has the opportunity to do his job, and when the director does his job, everyone comes up with ideas.
I like films that feature a lot of discussion, like “Irreversible” and “The Passion of Christ”. They are so fun exploring the dark side of humanity, that’s why I’m an actress.
– We all need fantasies that’s why we love movies.