If mold affects part of the food, can it be thrown away and eat the rest?

0
9


3:00 pm

Wednesday 02 September 2020

I wrote – Nour Ibrahim:

Of course no one intended to eat rotten food, but what happens when you eat it by accident? And does the immune system have a role in that? This was reported by “Thrillist”.

Nutritionists say that when you eat rotten food, your body will digest it like any other food, and if the immune system is fairly strong, it will play a large role in not being exposed to diseases.

You can feel nausea and vomiting, but the symptoms are different if you have a mold allergy, you will have coughing and irritation of the eyes, nose and throat.

Nutritionists have confirmed that common bread rot is not harmful, but there are some dangerous types of mold that produce toxins known as mycotoxins and may cause cancer, according to the USDA.

Can the moldy portion be cut out and eat the rest?

Many people rip off the moldy parts and eat the rest of the food, but this movement does not guarantee that you will completely remove the fungal infection, as the roots of the mold can reach all the food, so you must get rid of it all if part of the mold becomes infected.

Does toasting kill mold?

Exposing the mold to high temperatures can kill it, but the flavor will still be present, so it is best to eat fresh bread.

Does moldy cheese have any damages?

Some cheeses such as roquefort contain mold, but are unable to produce mycotoxins.

To avoid rotting the cheese at home, you can trim it with a knife before putting it in the fridge, and get rid of moldy soft cheese completely.

How can you prevent mold?

To avoid moldy food in the refrigerator, foods must be tightly covered in the refrigerator, whether with a plastic or metal cover, and preserved food should be eaten within four days, and moldy food should not be left outside for more than two hours.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here