Al-Ahly imposes its influence on Wydad and returns from Casablanca with progress


Al-Ahly club achieved a victory over Moroccan Wydad with two clean goals, this evening, Saturday, in the first leg matches of the semi-final of the African Champions League.

The first leg, which was held at the Mohammed V complex in Casablanca, Morocco, witnessed Al-Ahly’s superiority before the return match at Cairo International Stadium next Friday.

The qualifier will meet between Al-Ahly and Wydad to the final match, which will be held on November 6, to meet the victor, between Zamalek and Moroccan Raja.

the summary of the match

Al-Ahly started the confrontation by pressing the Wydad defense and seizing the ball, and the first attack came in the second minute after obtaining a fixed ball that turned cross inside the penalty area to be flown by Yasser Ibrahim head over the crossbar.

Al-Ahly succeeded in scoring the first goal early after only four minutes had passed after Mohamed Magdy “Afsha” took advantage of a mistake from Yahya Gibran, to steal the ball and become in a solitary position on the goal, before aiming it on the floor into the net.

Wydad tried to respond to Al-Ahly’s early goal after he seized the ball and retreated to the Egyptian defense lines. The first Moroccan danger came in the 15th minute after a cross gave Ismail Al-Haddad headed to Ayman Al-Hassouni, who aimed it next to the left post.

In the 25th minute, Al-Ahly was close to scoring a surprise goal against Wydad, after Marwan Mohsen seized the ball outside the penalty area before launching a strong shot, but it went above goalkeeper Reda Teknouti, who was ahead of his goal.

Ismail Al-Haddad received a pass through behind Mohamed Hani and inside the penalty area in the 38th minute, to be paid by the Wydad wing directly without receiving it, but it culminated in the top of El-Shenawi’s crossbar in a big competition.

Referee Gianni Sikazwe awarded a penalty kick in favor of Wydad in the 39th minute, after a joint ball between El Shennawi and Gbagbo Magby, to be scored by Badie Ok, but the Al-Ahly goalkeeper blocked it before it rebounded to the Wydad player, who aimed a weak ground in the hands of the goalkeeper again.

Al-Ahly coach Pitso Musimani made the first substitution just before the start of the second half, after he paid Hamdi Fathi instead of Aliu Diang, who received a yellow card in the 20th minute of the first half.

Al-Ahly almost scored the second goal in the 57th minute, after a wonderful through ball from Junior Ajay to Al-Shahat, who became completely alone in the goal, but he aimed the ball into the body of the friendly goalkeeper, wasting a sure goal.

Ajay tampered with Wydad’s defense in the 60th minute of the match inside the penalty area, before he hit a strong ball towards the goal, but it hit Yahya Gibran’s hand so that the referee counted a penalty kick in favor of Al-Ahly.

Ali Maaloul decided to stop the penalty ball to place it in the far right corner of the goal in the 62nd minute, announcing the second goal of Al-Ahly and doubling the progress of the Egyptian champion.

Musimani pushed Geraldo instead of Marawan Mohsen in the 70th minute of the match in the second Al-Ahly substitution, to activate the offensive front and move Ajay to be the outspoken striker during the remaining time.

Wydad stepped up its attack, especially from both sides and crosses inside the penalty area.

Ahmed Al-Sheikh entered into a third switch for Al-Ahly after 84 minutes of the match, instead of Hussein Al-Shahat, to occupy the right wing position after Giraldo was transferred to the left side.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here