Subscribe to receive the most important news
Sources revealed that it was agreed between the parliamentary blocs in the Senate to elect Chancellor Abdel Wahab Abdel Razek as president of the Senate, and to elect Counselor Bahaa Abu Shaqa as first deputy, and Phoebe Fawzi as second deputy.
The sources indicated to Al-Masry Al-Youm that Abdel-Razek is a strong candidate, as he is a great legal and constitutional value, in addition to heading the largest party in Egypt today.
Today, Sunday, the Senate began its first session in implementation of President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi’s decision to call the House to convene on October 18, this comes after the formation of the Council was completed by announcing the names of the appointees.
Who is Counselor Abdel Wahab Abdel Razek?
1. Counselor Abdel-Wahab Abdel-Razek Hassan Abdel-Wahab was born in Minya Governorate, August 1948.
2. Obtained a Bachelor of Laws 1969, grade Good, Cairo University.
3. Abdel Wahab was appointed in the Central Auditing Organization at the beginning of the seventies of the last century, then he was appointed as an assistant public prosecutor.
4. “Abdel-Wahab” was appointed as an undersecretary of the Attorney General of the excellent category, a deputy in the State Council, and an assistant advisor from a category (B) and then a category (A).
5. In 1987, he was appointed a counselor to the State Council.
6. He held the position of Adviser on the Commissioners Body of the Supreme Constitutional Court.
7. In 1994, he was appointed Chairman of the Commissioners Authority of the Supreme Constitutional Court.
8. In 2001, he was appointed vice president of the Supreme Constitutional Court.
9. He served as President of the Supreme Constitutional Court, succeeding Chancellor Adly Mansour.
10. Counselor Abdel-Wahab Abdel-Razek headed the “Nation’s Future” party.
11. Counselor Abdel-Wahab Abdel-Razek is one of the members of the court who witnessed its “historic” siege by the terrorist Brotherhood group, until they were discouraged from issuing a ruling in the case to dissolve the Brotherhood.
12. One of the most important judgments issued by Counselor Abdel Wahab was the ruling issued in March 2015 to halt the House of Representatives elections because the electoral district law was invalid.
13. He also participated in the ruling that the People’s Assembly and the Shura Council were invalidated in the Brotherhood’s rule.
14. Counselor Abdel Wahab issued a ruling that the Political Isolation Law was unconstitutional, and accordingly, Lieutenant General Ahmed Shafiq was reinstated in the presidential race again, after the Supreme Committee for Presidential Elections had excluded him.
15. Counselor Abdel Wahab issued a decision not to consider all the rulings issued by both the State Council and the Court of Urgent Matters regarding the maritime border demarcation agreement between Egypt and Saudi Arabia, known as the case of the islands of Tiran and Sanafir.
- The situation in Egypt