Bellucci is the only spoiled daughter of her parents, Brunella Briganti and Pasquale Bellucci. She was born on September 30, 1965, in the city of Citta di Castillo in the Umbrian region in central Italy, and raised in the city of San Justino.Monica was a bit shy, and at her young age she suffered from people’s gaze at her, so that she said one day: “When I used to go to the playground, everyone was looking at me, and this matter bothered me.”
From modeling to acting
Monica began working in the modeling profession when she was only 13 years old, and fame in Europe went to her, as she moved in 1988 to Milan, one of the most important fashion centers in Europe, and contracted with Elite Model Management to design and display fashion. Within a year, she became a household name modeling in Paris and her transatlantic fame reached New York.Monica Bellucci has collaborated with many fashion houses, and has appeared on the cover of many international magazines. Bellucci also contracted with the Milan-based D’management group, and with the London modeling company Storm.
Bellucci entered the world of acting in the 1990s after receiving intensive lessons to hone her acting skills, and she performed several secondary roles, including in the films La Riffa in 1991 and Bram Stoker’s Dracula in 1992.
However, the role of “Lisa” in the movie The Apartment led to her being nominated for the “Cesar” Award for Best Supporting Actress, after which her roles and successes in the field of acting began to follow, and among her most important roles in Malena in 2000, Under Suspicion in 2000, Brotherhood of the Wolf in 2001, and Irreversible. 2002 year.
Monica has appeared in many films in Europe and Hollywood, including Tears of the Sun in 2003, The Matrix Reloaded in 2003, The Passion of the Christ in 2004, The Brothers Grimm in 2005, Le Deuxieme Souffle in 2007, Don’t Look Back in General 2009, and The Sorcerer’s Apprentice in 2010.
In 2016, she co-starred in the movie On the Milky Road. In 2018, she landed the title role in Nekrotronic, and starred as Elena in The Best Years of a Life in 2019.
And she had an exceptional appearance in the Iranian movie Rhino Season, directed by Iranian Bahman Ghobadi. She also appeared in the 2015 James Bond movie “Specter” and impressed everyone because she looked like a twenty-year-old. Monica was the oldest girl in the James Bond movie series.
Monica Bellucci has been nominated for many awards, including Best Supporting Actress at the Cesars Awards for her role in 1997’s The Apartment.
In 2001, she was nominated in the Audience Award for Best Actress category at the European Film Awards for Malena.
In 2003, she was nominated for two awards, the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Brotherhood for the Wolf, and the David de Donatello Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Ricordati di me.
In 2005, she won the European Golden Globe Award.
Her love life
Monica Bellucci married Claudio Carlos Basso for the first time in 1990, and their marriage lasted four years. Then she met her ex-husband, the French actor Vincent Cassel, on the set of their joint movie, The Apartment in 1996, and they married in 1999 and have two daughters: Diva, who was born in 2004, and Leonie, born in 2010, and they made 7 films together, until they separated In 2014 without disclosing the reasons.
Curious facts about Monica Bellucci
• One of the most beautiful and attractive women in the world according to the classification of most international magazines.
• Monica speaks four languages fluently: Italian, French, English and Spanish, in addition to a little Persian.
The word Mi Amore is repeated more than two thousand times in her daily dealings.
• Its real breakthrough was in 1996, through the movie The Apartment, where it introduced the audience to a woman who would be set aside due to her beauty, attractiveness and constant glow.
• Her favorite color is black, and Monica always says: “If I gain some weight, I will only wear black.”
• She does not stop eating pasta and chocolate, and attributes its beauty to drinking lots of water and continuing to laugh.
• You don’t like waking up early.
• She loves fairy tales, because behind those stories, she says, she says.
• She became the oldest girl in the James Bond movie series after playing Lucia Cicara in the movie Specter at the age of 50.