Books – Abdel Fattah Al-Ajami
Today, Tuesday, the international pop star of Lebanese origin, Shakira, celebrates her 44th birthday, as she was born on this day, February 2, 1977.
“Masrawy” lists in the following lines the most important information about Shakira:
Shakira Isabel Mubarak Ripoll was born in Barrancola, Colombia, and her father, Don William Mubarak, descended to Lebanon, while her mother, Nidia Del Carmen Torodo, was Colombian of Italian origin, to a Catholic Christian family.
– She transformed in her childhood from a spoiled girl to a poor one, after the bankruptcy of her father, who was forced to sell home furniture, and the incident aroused her grief, so her father took her to show her the children without shelter while they were playing barefoot, to teach her not to be angry with her reality.
– She started writing folk songs from a young age and was still eight years old when she wrote a song called “Your Black Glasses” addressed to her father.
She was expelled from school as a child due to her lack of interest in her and her fondness for music and dance.
– In 1991 she joined the Colombian singing band, and released her first album Magia, which included many of her songs that she wrote, and two years later she released her second album, Peligro, with little success.
– In 1995, she mixed Arab dance movements with Latin pop music, and this resulted in a new album called “Pies Descalzos – Barefoot Feet”, whose name was inspired by the scene of children without shelter when she was young. She also launched the same name later on the charity that I created it, and the album achieved great success in South America, Spain and the United States of America, and it has sold more than 3 million copies.
She continued her great success with the release of her fourth album, Donde Estan los Ladrones, in 1998, at the top of the Billboard Latin Music Rankings charts.
Shakira won her first Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop Album on MTV Unplugged, and her star rose in the world’s singing sky with an extraordinary ability to perform distinctive dances that she was famous for.
– In 2001 she released her first English album “Laundry Service – Laundry Business”, which was a great success in all countries of the year, and among his famous songs are Whenever, Wherever, and Underneath Your Clothes.
In 2005, she released the album Fijacion Oral, Vol in Spanish, before releasing the English version of it in the same year as Oral Fixation, winning a Grammy Award for the best Latin album for the second time.
– In 2007, she released an album which she performed during her successful singing tours and called Oral Fixation Tour, before releasing her album She Wolf, which was a great success in 2009.
– In 2010, she released her album Sale el Sol, and included her famous song Waka Waka, which was chosen by the International Federation of Football Associations (FIFA) as the official song for the 2010 World Cup, and the album’s sales exceeded 10 million copies worldwide.
In 2011, 11 years after her romance with the son of the President of Argentina, Antonio de la Rua, she announced their separation.
– In 2012, Shakira joined the jury for the fourth season of the international program The Voice, but she did not participate in the fifth season, and reappeared in the sixth season again.
– In 2014 she released an album called Shakira, and in the same year she performed again the World Cup soccer song in Brazil, called La La La.
– In 2017, Shakira released her album El Dorado in English and Spanish, and the song Chantaje achieved more than 2 billion 600 million views on YouTube, and won the album a Grammy Award for the third time.
Her albums sold more than 80 million copies worldwide.
– Shakira has been linked without marriage to Barcelona defender Gerard Pique since 2011, and he is about 10 years younger than her, and she had two children with him, “Milan and Sasha” in 2013 and 2015, and in January 2020, Shakira revealed the secret of not having their marriage officially married, saying in an interview with the program 60 minutes: “Honestly, I am terribly afraid of marriage … I do not want him to see in me a wife, the best girl, lover – the forbidden fruit .. I want to keep him in good shape … so that he understands that everything is possible and depends on his behavior.” .
Shakira and Gerard Pique have two sons together, but they’re not married and not rushing to the altar. “I want to keep him on his toes. I want him to think that anything’s possible, depending on behavior.” https://t.co/H9YPaANjUI pic.twitter.com/8Ha4se57KQ
— 60 Minutes (@60Minutes) January 6, 2020
– Also during the program, Shakira said that she suffered a crisis in her vocal cords, as a result of which she lost her voice temporarily two years ago, indicating that she lived at that time the worst moments of her life, noting that the crisis negatively affected her voice and affected her psyche a lot.
– She appeared twice in each of the two American comedy series, Ugly Betty, Wizards of Waverly Place, as her true character.
– Her latest song, Me Gusta, in partnership with the Puerto Rican rapper Emmanuel Jazmy Santiago, famous for Anuel AA, in January 2020, and the song has so far achieved 60 million views on YouTube.
– And in January 2021, the Colombian pop star became the latest artist to sell the rights to her 145 songs, with the British company “Higenosis Song Fund”, after the Corona virus outbreak undermined the revenues of singing concerts.