Tuesday 23 March 2021
I wrote – Yasmine El-Sharkawy:
The audience of the great artist, Ahmed Ramzy, celebrates his birthday, which passes today, March 23, and is one of the giants of Egyptian cinema, as he has presented throughout his life a large number of important works.
In conjunction with this occasion, we review the most prominent stories and information in the great artist’s career:
He was born in Alexandria to a doctor named Ramzi Mahmoud Bayoumi, and from a Scottish mother.
He graduated from the College of Commerce after he failed to complete his father’s career in the College of Medicine.
– He went to the cinema after his friend Omar Sharif had nominated him for the movie “Our Sweet Days” with the new face at the time, Abdel Halim Hafez.
– He participated in nearly 100 films, the most prominent of which are: “The madness of youth, love under the rain, a tale behind every door, the desert cat, the red rose, our sweet days, conflict in the port, gossip over the Nile, and the heart has rulings,” And girls and summer, and Ibn Hamido. “
– In the series, the series “Face of the Moon” and “Hanan and Hanin” were presented in 2007, as the last work with Omar Sharif.
– He married 3 times, the first to Mrs. Attia Al-Darmelli and he had his daughter “Bakinam”, and the second from the artist Najwa Fouad, and the marriage lasted only 7 days, according to the critic and film historian Mahmoud Qassem Lamasrawi. As for the third marriage, it was from the Greek lawyer, “Nicolas”, and continued They married 45 years, and they had two children, Nayla and Nawwaf.
– On the “The Godfather” program, Ramzy recounted that the first scene he filmed in his life was the scene of “the shirt button” with the actress Zeenat Sidqi in the movie “Our Sweet Days”, and his wage was 40 pounds at the time, and he said about the “shirt button” in his meeting with Laila Rustum : “I don’t know his money every little one to talk to me about.”
The meeting between Ramzi and Laila Rustum caused her to divorce her husband, in 1965, when the broadcaster criticized Ramzi for wearing a blue bead, which led him to say “Madame is afraid of me,” to respond by saying “my sister to him,” which led to her divorce, as her husband accused her of flirting with Ramzi.
– Ramzi went to work in commerce after his retirement from art, and settled himself to live in the “North Coast”, and left his will to be buried there, and on September 28, 2012, he passed away at the age of 82 after falling on the floor of his bathroom, resulting in a stroke that caused his death, Indeed, he was buried on the northern coast according to his will.