As much as anyone hates to admit, most of us are guilty of spending a lot of time on social networking apps, and one of those apps that consume a lot of our time is Instagram, as a quick look at the time you spend on apps on your smartphone will give you a realistic verification of the amount of time you spend. You spend in the end on the application.
Perhaps a quick and easy procedure is to temporarily disable your account so that you do not use the application at all, as if you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging in again.
Interestingly, there is no way to temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram application, so you will need a web browser to do this, and here are the steps that you must follow to temporarily disable your Instagram account:
1. Log in to Instagram.com on your browser.
2. Click or tap on your photo in the upper right, then on “Profile”.
3. Tap or click “Edit Profile”.
4. Scroll down, and then tap or click “Temporarily disable my account” in the lower left pane.
5. Choose an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account?
6. Re-enter your password and click or tap “Temporarily disable account”.