Sunday 04 April 2021
Youssef Afifi wrote:
On the evening of Saturday, April 3, Egypt witnessed an exceptional and unique event that was not and will not be repeated, with a mythical, majestic procession transporting 22 mummies of the most famous kings and queens from the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir to their permanent display in the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization in Fustat, where this move is the last of the greatest kings of the ancient world.
A great epic participated in the activities of this majestic event, representing all the authorities of the state that join hands to present this event to the world in the most complete civilized image befitting the status of Egypt, the greatness of the ancestors, and the nobility of the Egyptian civilization.
The participants came as follows:
– A group of artists, including: Hussein Fahmy – Khaled Al Nabawi – Yousra – Muhammad Munir – Ahmed Ezz – Ahmed El Sakka – Hind Sabry – Asir Yassin – Karim Abdel Aziz – Mona Zaki – Ahmed Helmy – Amina Khalil – Nesma Mahjoub – Amira Selim.
22 vehicles for transporting royal mummies belonging to the Ministry of Defense, “parachute forces leaders.”
60 honorary motorcycles from the Ministries of Defense and Interior.
– 150 honorable horses.
– 22 Pharaonic style war wheels made by the Ministry of Military Production, pulled by 44 horses.
– 330 students from the Faculty of Physical Education – Helwan University.
– 3 orchestras, with a total of 150 people, from the Ministry of Defense, the Military Music Administration
– 150 drummers from the “Military Music Administration” at the Ministry of Defense.