Chelsea put one foot in the semi-finals of the Champions with a double in Porto


Chelsea put ahead in the semi-finals of the Champions League for football, by beating its Portuguese club Porto 2-0, today, Wednesday, in the first leg of the quarter-finals of the competition.

Mason Mount scored Chelseas first goal in the 32nd minute, before Ben Chilwell added the second goal in the 85th minute.

Chelsea succeeded in reconciling with its fans after the team’s 2/5 loss to West Bromwich Albion last Saturday in the English Premier League, and it also put ahead in the semifinals by beating Porto, who was the host of the match that was held at the “Sanchez Pizjuan” stadium in Seville, Spain. .

It is reported that the home and away matches will be held in Seville, due to the travel restrictions resulting from the emerging Corona virus crisis.

The first quarter hour of the match was calm and without any seriousness from the two teams, as defensive caution was evident in the performance of Chelsea under the leadership of German coach Thomas Tuchel, and the same for Porto under the leadership of Sergio Conceicao.

Then Chelsea had possession of the ball, while Porto retreated to the penalty area, relying on counterattacks from time to time.

Despite the control of Chelsea, the danger came from Porto, who nearly scored the goal in the 24th minute, when Edmilson, the Porto player, executed a ball inside the English team’s penalty area, before it was directed by a header towards the goalkeeper Edward Mendy, who brilliantly tackled it, eliminating the danger. From his team’s goal.

Chelsea responded to Portos attempt, scoring the first goal in the 32nd minute through Mason Mount, who started from the left side of the Porto goal, to hit a creeping ball, which Portos goalkeeper Augustine Marchen failed to tackle, to house the net announcing the progress of the English team.

The remaining minutes of the first half did not bring anything new, as the referee blew the final whistle with Chelsea advancing 1/0.

At the start of the second half, Chelsea took advantage of Porto, who wanted to score the equalizer, to launch some attacks on Marchesen’s goal.

In the 48th minute, Mason Mount played a cross inside the Porto penalty area, to be directed by Chelsea striker Timo Werner with a header over the crossbar of Porto goal.

Chelsea continued to obsess over the course of the match, while Porto appeared unable to find solutions to reach Mendy’s goal.

In the 65th minute, Chelsea coach Thomas Tuchel made two substitutions, with French Olivier Giroud and American Christian Polsic replacing Kay Havertz and Timo Werner respectively.

Portos attempts to return to the match were unsuccessful, as Chelsea dominated the course of things completely and deprived the Portuguese team of scoring a goal that realizes an equalizer.

In the 85th minute, defender Ben Chilwell was alone with Porto to elude Marchison and put the ball in the net, scoring the second goal for Chelsea.

The remaining minutes of the second half did not witness anything new, so the referee blew the whistle at the end of the second half and the match with Chelseas 2-0 victory.

To watch the match goals .. click here


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here