FilGoal | News | Juventus said in a statement: We are convinced of the Super League project … and there is little chance to complete it

0
2


Juventus club issued a statement clarifying that it would not withdraw from the European Super League project, and indicating that there is little chance for the project to continue.

The six English clubs withdrew from the tournament on Tuesday, bringing the fledgling venture to the brink of precipice, with Atletico Madrid, Milan and Inter joining them on Wednesday.

Juventus’ statement came as follows: –

With reference to the club’s press release on April 19, 2021, regarding the proposal to establish the European Super League and the public debate that followed, we make it clear that the club is aware of the requests and intentions expressed by some clubs to withdraw from this project.

This is despite the failure to complete the necessary procedures stipulated in the agreement between the clubs.

In this context, while Juventus FC remains convinced of the sporting, commercial and legal validity of the project, it believes that there is little chance at present to complete the project in the form originally envisioned.

Juventus remains committed to creating long-term value for the entity and the entire football industry.

Andrea Agnelli, Juventus president and one of the founders of the idea of ​​the European Super League project, has admitted the failure of the project.

Anelli said in statements published by Sky Sports that the Super League project will not continue after the withdrawal of 6 English clubs.

Anneli added about the possibility of reviving the project: “To be frank and honest, no, it is clear that this will not be the case.”

The European Super League Clubs League issued an official statement in the early hours of Wednesday morning, commenting on current events after the failure of the tournament idea.

The statement read as follows:

The European Super League clubs are convinced that the current state of European football needs to change.

We are presenting a new competition because the current system does not work well, our goal is to develop sport and create strong resources for the entire football pyramid and to overcome the material difficulties resulting from the Corona pandemic, in addition to creating a state of solidarity with all stakeholders in football.

Although English clubs announced their departure from the tournament due to pressures placed on them, we are convinced that the goal of the tournament is in line with European laws, as evidenced today by a court decision to protect the European Super League from third-party actions.

Given the current circumstances, we will try to reconfigure the project with a view to providing the best possible experience to the public while preserving solidarity payments to stakeholders.

The idea that began with the presence of 12 clubs had already withdrawn from which six were the English teams Manchester United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham, and Atletico Madrid, Milan and Inter joined them on Wednesday morning.

Thus, only Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus remain in the tournament so far.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here