New comment from Washington on the Renaissance Dam

0
2


08:58 PM

Tuesday 06 April 2021

Agencies

After the failure of a new round of the Renaissance Dam negotiations, due to Ethiopias rejection of Sudan and Egypt’s proposal to expand the talks to include quadripartite mediation made up of the African and European Union, the United Nations and the United States, Washington commented on the failure of the negotiations and called for the resumption of the dialogue.

US State Department spokesman Ned Price said, in a press conference on Tuesday evening, that Washington is encouraging Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia to resume dialogue on the Renaissance Dam.

The Egyptian Foreign Ministry commented on the failure of the last round of negotiations earlier in the day, in a statement by the Foreign Ministry, saying that the talks had not made progress in the Renaissance Dam negotiations that were hosted by the Congolese capital, Kinshasa, on April 4 and 5, and announced that no agreement had been reached on the relaunch. Negotiations.

In a statement, Ahmed Hafez, a foreign ministry spokesman, refuted the reasons for the failure of the last round of negotiations. He said, “Ethiopia rejected the proposal submitted by Sudan and supported by Egypt to form an international quartet led by the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which heads the African Union, to mediate between the three countries.

Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry had described the Congo negotiations as a “last chance” that must be seized to reach an agreement on the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam.





Source link
https://www.masrawy.com/news/news_publicaffairs/details/2021/4/6/2000750/%D8%AA%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%82-%D8%AC%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%AF-%D9%85%D9%86-%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B4%D9%86%D8%B7%D9%86-%D8%A8%D8%B4%D8%A3%D9%86-%D8%B3%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%87%D8%B6%D8%A9-

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here