Subscribe to receive the most important news
Today, Saturday, the Railways Authority announced that the trains of the “Mansoura – Damietta” train had left the tracks in front of the city of Kafr Saad in Damietta Governorate, which led to the suspension of the movement of trains due to the presence of the tractor and the train on the road, without causing any loss of life.
Immediately after the accident, the investigation officers moved to his location to discover that the tractor of the No. 47 train coming from Mansoura was heading to Kafr Saad from its tracks, which resulted in a breakdown in the shunt.
Al-Masry Al-Youm monitors the most prominent measures taken towards the accident throughout the day.
1. It was nine in the morning that the train tractor was declared derailed.
2. At 12 noon, train traffic on the Tanta line was paralyzed as a result of the accident.
3. At the same time, the Railway Authority pushed Ponch to withdraw the Damietta train tractor after it left the tracks, to restore the movement of trains to normal.
4. At 12:30 in the afternoon, the Public Prosecution office in Kafr Saad, Damietta governorate, took custody, after the train tractor derailed.
5. Al-Masry Al-Youm published the first video from the site of the tractor derailed accident.
6. At one oclock in the afternoon, an official source at the Railways Authority in Damietta announced that the train traffic will return to normal within less than an hour, as the equipment pulls a train tractor back to its track.
7. In conjunction with the announcement of the imminent return to normal train traffic, informed sources revealed the cause of the accident, which was caused by a sudden malfunction in the shunt.
8. At 1 pm, Al-Masry Al-Youm published the first pictures of the accident.
9. At the same time, Dr. Al-Sayed Abdel-Jawad, Undersecretary of the Ministry of Health in Damietta Governorate, announced that the Ambulance Service in Damietta had not received any reports of deaths or injuries as a result of the incident.
10. The three oclock in the afternoon came out. Dr. Manal Awad, the governor of Damietta, confirmed the first comment on the incident, confirming that there were no injuries or fatalities, and that she was following up the situation with the railway authority, which formed a technical committee to find out the reasons for the exit of the bars and hold the negligent accountable.