FilGoal | News | On the right and the left, Riad Ya Riyad … Manchester City to the European Championship final


He scored with the right foot and killed the match with his favorite left, to make the history writer not close his pages.

Riyad Mahrez sends Manchester City to the Champions League final for the first time in its history.

This came after City repeated its victory over rival Paris Saint-Germain with two unanswered goals in the semi-final second leg on Tuesday at the Etihad Stadium.

Riyad Mahrez scored the two goals of the match in the 11th and 63rd minutes, with two shots from inside the penalty area, the first with his right and the second with his left.

The first leg, which was held at the Princes Park in France, ended with City winning, with two goals.

The match saw Angel Di Marias direct dismissal after hitting Fernandinho without a ball in the 69th minute.

The most remarkable achievement in the history of Manchester City, the 141-year-old, was to qualify for the semi-finals in the 2015-2016 season before being defeated by Real Madrid.

That appearance became the first for City coach Pep Guardiola in the final of the most prestigious European tournament since 2011, after he led Barcelona to win two titles in 2009 and 2011.

And Riyad Mahrez became the first Arab player to score at least a goal in the round-trip semi-final of the Champions League since the start of the competition in its history in 1955.

City is expected to meet the winner of the other semi-final between Real Madrid and Chelsea at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul, Turkey, on the 29th of May.

Mahrez Boom

The Etihad Stadium suffered a snow storm before kick-off, and snow covered the ground, which made it difficult to transport the ball.

The match began with caution by the two teams, but in the seventh minute, the referee awarded a penalty kick to Saint Germain for touching the ball to Olexander Zinchenkos hand.

But after he saw the replay himself, he decided to cancel his decision.

Ederson sent a City goalkeeper a long pass to Zinchenko, who passed to Kevin De Bruyne, who fired and rebounded from the Saint-Germain defense to take advantage of the scorer and hit his right and announce the first goal for City in the 11th minute.

Saint-Germain won a free kick in front of the City penalty area, which Neymar fired off the field.

Marquinhos almost equalized from a powerful header, but his shot hit the crossbar.

The chance to equalize appeared again for Saint Germain, as Angel Di Maria snatched the ball from Bernardo Silva and hit his left, taking advantage of Ederson’s exit from his own goal, but his shot went just past the goal.

De Bruyne fired a curved shot that went off the field, followed by a dangerous shot from Ander Herrera, which hit the outer post of City’s goal.

Mahrez almost scored a second goal for him and his team after he shot with his right hand, which was blocked by Navas, and the ball rebounded to Bernardo Silva, but his shot was dispersed by the Saint Germain defense for a corner kick that passed without danger.

Mehrez kills the meeting

The second half started quietly and there was the first serious opportunity in it, after a powerful shot by Fernandinho, which was saved by Keylor Navas.

From a counterattack, Neymar preferred to rely on himself instead of passing and tried to dodge City’s defense until Zinchenko dispersed the ball in front of him.

Saint-Germain made two offensive substitutions with the participation of Moise Kane and Julian Draxler instead of Mauro Icardi and Ander Herrera.

With a quick counterattack, De Bruyne passed the ball to Phil Voden on the left side, who sent a creeping cross, which was met by Mahrez with a powerful left shot directly into the net to announce the second goal for him and City.

In the 69th minute, Di Maria hit his counterpart Fernandinho without a ball, and the referee declared a direct expulsion in the face, and Mauricio Pochettino, the coach of the team, contained his players after objecting to the referee’s decision.

Mahrez almost scored a third goal in the 74th minute, but his left shot after a wonderful pass by Abdo Diallo was dispersed by the Saint Germain defense.

Saint-Germain made two new substitutions a minute later, with the departure of Alessandro Florenzi, Leandro Paredes, and the participation of Danilo Pereira and Colin Dagba.

Foden almost scored a third goal, but his shot was blocked by the left post of Saint Germain’s goal.

Phil Foden hit another creeping ball, which Navas saved easily.

City made two substitutions in the 82nd minute with the participation of Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling, instead of De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva.

Sergio Aguero participated in City’s third substitution in the 85th minute, replacing Foden.

There was no new occurrence in the remaining minutes of the match, and the match did not witness any serious chances to end with City’s victory with two goals without a response and qualify for the Champions League final for the first time in its history.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here