If you want to add a check box that can be clicked in electronic documents and registered, you will need to enable the developer bar in the options, and you only need to do that once, and then you can add a functional checkbox at any time you want, and here we offer you the steps according to what he mentioned Business insider site:
1. In the ribbon above Word, click the File tab, then click Options.
2. In the Word Options dialog, click “Customize Ribbon” in the left navigation pane.
3. In the “Customize the Ribbon” section on the right, choose “Main Tabs” from the drop-down menu, then click the “Developer” checkbox in the menu.
4. Click OK to close Word Options.
5. On the ribbon, click the new “Developer” tab.
6. In the “Controls” section, click on the checkbox icon, which you should see appears in the document. It is zapable. You can make it appear selected or undefined by clicking.
How to change the appearance of the electronic checkbox
If you prefer, you can change the way the check box appears when you click it, and you must follow these steps:
1. Click the checkbox, then in the Controls section, click “Properties.”
2. In this Properties dialog, click “Change” next to “Specified Symbol” or “Unspecified Symbol”.
3. Choose the style you want to use for the button and then click “OK”. That’s all you have to do to change the look of the checkbox.