Donald Trump has launched a new “outreach” website, on which he says he will post content “directly from the office” of the former US president.
Trump was banned from Twitter and his Facebook and YouTube accounts were suspended after the riots that swept across the Capitol on January 6.
The former president has since issued statements via press releases. From now on, the new website will publish the new data.
Users will be able to like posts, as well as share them on Twitter and Facebook accounts.
The move comes one day before a decision by Facebook’s censorship board to ban Trump permanently.
Jason Miller, Trump’s chief adviser, had previously said that a new social media platform would be launched. “This new platform is going to be great,” he said in March.
But Miller tweeted on Tuesday that the new site was not the social media platform he was promoting before.
“We will have additional new information on that front in the very near future,” he said.
It is reported that the new website was set up by Campaign Nucleus, a digital services company set up by Brad Parscale, the former Trump campaign manager.
Several leaflets were posted on the new site that repeated false claims that the presidential elections last year were rigged.
Facebook’s censorship board is set to announce, at 14:00 GMT on Wednesday, its decision on whether Trump will be permanently banned from using the platform.
If he is allowed to return to the site, Facebook will have seven days to reactivate his account.
YouTube said they would reactivate Trump’s account when the risk of “real-world violence” diminished.
As for Twitter, where Trump had 88 million followers, his account was permanently banned.