The former head of the Israeli intelligence service, Mossad, revealed his country’s operations against Iran.
In an interview with Israeli television Thursday evening, Yossi Cohen gave details of the theft of Iran’s nuclear archive.
Israel signed thousands of documents on Iran’s nuclear archive in a 2018 raid by Mossad agents.
Cohen also alluded to Israel’s involvement in the destruction of Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility, and in the assassination of a nuclear scientist.
Cohen retired from the Mossad leadership last week. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu appointed him to head the Mossad in late 2015.
Cohen joined the Secret Service in 1982 after completing his university studies in London.
In Thursday’s interview, Cohen revealed that he possessed hundreds of travel visas obtained during his work.
And the dialogue party was about revealing secrets, but the most part in this regard is what he talked about stealing Iran’s nuclear archive.
Netanyahu revealed the stolen documents at a press conference in 2018, when he tried to prove that Iran had secretly tried to build a nuclear weapon and that it secretly possessed the knowledge to do so — allegations Iran denies.
In an interview Thursday, Cohen said that it took two years to plan the process of acquiring Iran’s nuclear archive.
Journalist Ilan Dayan, who moderated the interview with Cohen, said that 20 Mossad agents took part in the operation on the ground, and none of them was Israeli.
The head of the Mossad followed the progress of the operation from a command center in Tel Aviv.
Agents infiltrated a warehouse and had to break more than 30 safes.
Cohen told The Times of Israel how exciting it was when he watched the precious documents appear on the screen.
He added that all those who carried out the operation survived, and that they are now fine, although some had to leave Iran.