iMovie includes a powerful set of editing options to enhance your videos. Adding text is one way that can come in handy, but how to access this option is not clear, so we walk you through the details of this process whether you want to add titles, subtitles, or Another text in your movie.
According to business insider, the steps for adding text to iMovie on an iPad or iPhone include:
1. Tap on the video you want to add text to.
2. Select the “T” icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Choose the desired style from the list of templates.
4. Click on the sample title in the viewer and select Edit to type in the desired text, then click Done.
5. From there, you can click on the title again to change its position as needed.
6. You can also compress the text to reduce or expand the size, or if you want to change the font or color, you can press the “T” that appears in the clip below the video preview area and select either “Aa” (for font), or the multicolored circle icon (for color ).
This can also be achieved when you first select a text style, and there are more options, such as text shadow and capitalization, available if you tap the three-dot icon from that screen.