A source for RT: A court in Tripoli issues a decision to drop Dabaibas candidacy for the Libyan presidential elections

0
3


A source for RT: A court in Tripoli issues a decision to drop Dabaiba's candidacy for the Libyan presidential elections

Reuters HAZEM AHMED

The new Libyan Prime Minister-designate, Abdel Hamid Dabaiba.

An informed source told RT that the Libyan judiciary issued a decision on Sunday to drop the candidacy of Prime Minister Abdel Hamid Dabaiba in the presidential elections.

read more

United nations

The source indicated that the Appeal Court in the capital, Tripoli, decided to accept two appeals against Dabaibas candidacy and ruled to cancel the decision to run for elections.

And the judicial authorities had previously received two appeals against Dabaiba’s candidacy, one by the former Minister of the Interior, Fathi Bashagha, and another by the candidates for the Libyan presidency, the head of the “Revival of Libya” bloc, Aref Al-Nayed, the businessman, Muhammad Al-Muntasir, and the former Minister of Higher Education, Othman Abdel-Jalil, Member of the Libyan House of Representatives, Mrs. Al-Yaqoubi, and member of the Political Dialogue Forum, Ahmed Al-Sharkasi.

Libya is due to hold its first round of presidential elections on December 24, after years of UN-led attempts to end the civil war and bring political stability to the country.

However, the upcoming vote faces many challenges, including outstanding issues over the laws governing elections, and the occasional infighting between armed groups. Other obstacles include the deep rift that still exists between the east and west of the country and the presence of thousands of foreign fighters and forces.

The Libyan Electoral Commission announced that the preliminary list of candidates for the presidential elections included 73 people, including Dabaiba, the leader of the “Libyan National Army”, Khalifa Haftar, and the Speaker of Parliament, Aguila Saleh.

However, in a preliminary decision, the commission said that Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, the second son of the Libyan leader who was killed in the country’s internal conflict in 2011, “is not qualified to run in the country’s next presidential elections,” citing his previous convictions.

Source: RT





Source link
https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/1298953-%D9%86%D8%AD%D9%83%D9%85%D8%A9-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%B7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%84%D8%B3-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D9%82%D8%B7-%D8%A5%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%B4%D8%AD-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9–%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A6%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9/

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here