Live broadcasting on TikTok can help you boost your engagement, as well as build your audience network, and you can even earn some money in the process with gift points, but live broadcasting is not a tool available to all creators, you will have to meet certain requirements to access the option in Here’s how to go live on the platform, including tips on creating a successful live stream, according to business insider.
Who can broadcast live on TikTok?
TikTok requires you to be at least 16 years old, and have 1,000 followers or more to go live on the platform.
Creators who are at least 18 years old can earn gift points in the process, while younger ones cannot.
How to Live Stream on TikTok
1. Open your TikTok app and login to your account.
2. Click on the + sign in the bottom center of the screen.
3. Click on the Live button next to the recording option.
4. Enter the title of the live broadcast and then select “Live Broadcast” to start.
Tips to improve your live broadcast on TikTok
Follow these tips to create engaging live content on TikTok:
• Prepare your scene: Make sure you have a stable shooting surface with good lighting, for example, a ring light will make your live broadcast look more professional.
• Ensure sound quality: Ensure that there is minimal background noise, if present at all, so that your audience is not distracted.
• Right time: Try to time your live broadcast based on when your audience is likely to be on the app, this will help increase your view count.
• Consider length: TikTok recommends aiming for a 30-minute time period.
• Plan ahead: Prepare what you’re going to do during the live broadcast to avoid long stretches of broadcast issues.
• Expand your reach: Post on TikTok before going live to increase your chances of getting new viewers.
• Check your WiFi: Double-check that you have a strong internet connection beforehand.
• Interact with your audience: Read the comments and respond to them as best you can.