President El-Sisi: We do not interfere in the affairs of others and do not accept compromising the rights of Egyptians


President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi said that the initiative for a decent life roams all of Egypt’s governorates to achieve a better tomorrow for future generations, but this road will not be smooth without obstacles facing our path in light of challenges and risks facing Egyptian national security.

During his speech at the 70th Police Day celebration, President Sisi added: “Egypt’s destiny is to live in a turbulent region that was and still is the focus of international events, in which interests conflict, balances are intertwined, and alliances change. The past has become in the present something subject to change, and there is no way for us to confront all these matters except with our unity and national cohesion. Through them alone, we preserve our national principles that do not interfere in the affairs of others, and do not accept neglecting the rights of Egyptians. This is our covenant, and that is our belief that we will not deviate. No matter what the challenges and whatever the difficulties.

Police day

The story of the police battle began on the morning of Friday, January 25, 1952, when the British commander in the canal area, Brigadier Aksham, summoned the Egyptian liaison officer, and handed him an ultimatum for the Egyptian police forces in Ismailia to hand over their weapons to the British forces, leave the canal area, and withdraw to Cairo. From the governorate, however, she refused the British warning and informed Fouad Serageldin, the Minister of the Interior at this time, who asked her to persevere and resist and not to surrender.

This incident was the most important reason for the outbreak of rebellion among the police forces, which were called the regime’s blocks at the time, which made Exham and his forces besieged the city.

These reasons are not only what led to the outbreak of the battle, but there were other reasons.. After the cancellation of Treaty 36 on October 8, 1951, Britain became very angry and considered the cancellation of the treaty the beginning of igniting war on the Egyptians and with it the tightening of the British colonizer’s grip on Egyptian cities, including the cities of the Canal, which were A major center for the British camps, and the first episodes of struggle against the colonialists began, and massive demonstrations began to demand the evacuation of the British.

On October 16, 1951, the first spark of rebellion against the colonizer’s presence began by burning Al-Nafi, a warehouse for supplies and seafood for the British, whose headquarters was in Orabi Square in the center of the city of Ismailia. Organizing their efforts to fight the British were the events of January 25, 1952.

The brutal massacre began at seven in the morning, and the 25-pound field guns and the 100-millimeter Centurion tank guns launched their bombs on the governorate building and the barracks of the regime’s blocks without mercy or mercy. General Exham ordered that the beatings be stopped for a short period, in order to announce to the policemen trapped inside his last warning, which is to surrender and leave with hands and without their weapons, otherwise his forces will resume the beatings with maximum intensity.

The arrogant British commander was astonished when the response came from a young officer of a small rank, but he was full of enthusiasm and patriotism, Captain Mustafa Rifaat. The British resumed the infamous massacre. Cannons fired, tanks roared, and bombs rained down on the buildings until they were reduced to rubble, while body parts were scattered in their corners, and the land was covered with pure blood. ?

Despite that hell, the police heroes remained steadfast in their positions, resisting with their old Lee Enfield rifles against the most powerful cannons and the latest British weapons until they ran out of ammunition, and 56 martyrs and 80 wounded fell from them in the battle. British officers 13 killed and 12 wounded, and the British captured the surviving officers and soldiers, led by their commander, Major General Ahmed Raif, and they were not released until February 1952.

General Exham could not hide his admiration for the bravery of the Egyptians, so he told Lieutenant Colonel Sharif Al-Abed, the liaison officer: The Egyptian policemen fought with honor and surrendered with honor, and therefore it is our duty to respect them all, officers and soldiers. Soldiers of a British platoon, by order of General Exham, performed the military salute to the column of Egyptian policemen when they left the governorate house and passed in front of them in honor of them and in appreciation of their courage, so that the heroism of the Egyptian policemen martyrs in their battle against the British occupation would remain fresh in their minds to be preserved and sung by adults and young people and their memory is aware of The Egyptian child celebrates it.

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here